There are plenty of places to stay on the island of St John and among all the fun and games on the island itself, as well as the beautiful beaches, there are some fantastic bed and breakfasts to stay in. In this guide, we cover some of the best bed and breakfasts available.
- Hillcrest Guest House. Nestled in St John’s residential area 2 stories above Cruz Bay on the crest of the hill, minutes from the beach and the US National Park. There are vacation rental suites and all six of these suites have air conditioning, screened lounges, kitchenette, free wi-fi and complimentary breakfast items to wake up and enjoy. Beautiful beach views and close by to restaurants and shops, this is one not to miss out on.
- Tree Tops. Economical accommodations that can be booked by visiting http://www.treetops.vi and whether you enjoy hiking any of the many ruin-studded trails on St John or raising a glass at one of the many world famous beach bars, you can stay here. Two and a half miles from the Cruz Bay ferry dock, it’s close to the Reef Bay and North Shore Beaches. There are lush valley views and it’s an alternative to most other expensive suites.
- Lavender Hill Suites. For the vacation of a lifetime, visiting the beautiful St John vacation rental where memories are made. Affordable one and two bed condos where you will find the comfortable amenities, private decks and convenient full kitchens that make suites popular with savvy travelers. Cruz Bay villas are also fitted with portable coolers, beach chairs and towels!
- Coconut Coast Villas. Originally built as condos for local residents, the nine suites are designed for convenience and comfort. Located in a quiet family neighbourhood, the property is ocean facing and is a ten minute stroll from the nearby shops. Great rates and great beaches nearby with fantastic, authentic foods available to you. The national park and daily activities available to you are second to none and you would be able to plan your hikes.
- Garden by the Sea B&B. the quintessential Caribbean home, bright, colourful walls, local art and paintings, lush gardens with coconut and banana trees you really couldn’t ask for more. The sun sets over a salt pond bird sanctuary every evening and the sun rises to the crowing of the neighbouring roosters. The B&B is ten minutes walk from the beach and you will be served a delicious breakfast each morning on the tropically shaded veranda, where you will be delighted by the bananaquit birds and geckos that roam freely. You can plan your day around where you’re staying and you would just love the area here.
There are plenty of affordable places to stay on St John islands and you can really get a great mix of scenery, shopping and nearby festivals. If you’re a beach lover especially, choosing a bed and breakfast is actually surprisingly easy!